Sunday 27 March 2011

What's Cooking This Week?

Last week I tried to write this post and I lost it twice, possibly even three times. I'm afraid I lost my rag so we're just going to have to skip a week!

I tried two new recipes this week

One Pot Roast Pork with Fennel and Potatoes: Really yummy. I used pork steaks because we prefer them to chops. They didn't dry out, a lot of people reviewing the recipe said chops did. Also I didn't have sundried tomato paste so I used ketchup: still good. And I added green beans when I put the pork in. I would lilke to try different combinations of ingredients now. It isn't that quick (pork steaks took 20-25 mins to cook) but it is easy and yummy.


Chicken with Mushrooms and Rice: I made this up myself. I've recently discovered creamed mushrooms in a little tin from Tesco. It's magic stuff, practically a sauce on its on, in a tin, for 54p! It's really only enough for 2, perfect for us. I also added mushrooms, onions, garlic and a little white wine. I always use pouches of microwave rice, so quick and I stock up on them when they're on offer.


This week


This week I return to work (only one day this week, building up to three in a few weeks time) so to be honest the menu is straightforward, tried and tested


Steak sandwiches

Roast chicken

Sausage casserole

Smoked Haddock chowder

Pork with apples: I'm going to make double of the last three and freeze them to make life easier in the coming weeks

Pasta Primevara: This for my first day back, such an easy, fast recipe I found a few weeks ago Honey mustard chicken pot with parsnips: My one new recipe of the week as should have time to devote to it on a Friday evening when PJ comes home early


I'm looking forward to telling you about my Mother's Day menu next week. Have found some delicious treats for my guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment