Sunday 21 July 2013

Cake Competition!

Only mad women hoover and bake when it's 30 degrees plus outside. I am one of those women!

When I discovered that a cake competition was to be held at the summer fair where I use to work I knew I should resist the temptation to enter, not least because I have a lot of Dolly work on at the moment. But as the temperatures started to rise and I couldn't actually model the fondant without washing my hands every two minutes I really began to seem like lunacy.

Anyway, I did it. It wasn't as good as I had hoped. I was planning to make the tea set as cake pops sticking out the top of the cake. If you'd like to see the picture that inspired this idea and my other influences for decorating the cake have a look at my Summer Cakes board on Pintrest. The top tier is an Earl Grey Cake, the top, a Berry Bakewell.

I came joint third (out of six!) and won a £10 Lakeland Voucher for my troubles. Not too shabby. Have decided never to go pro though, far too stressful!



No comments:

Post a Comment