Saturday 18 January 2014

Eggy Bread Cups

In my quest to make yummy teas, and having seen similar things on Pintrest I am sure, I have started making the girls Eggy Bread Cups. They already love eggy bread so these have been easy to introduce even to my fussy big girl.

I cut the crusts off six slices of bread and cut them in half. Then I liberally greased a muffin tin with sunflower oil. I pressed the two strips of bread into the holes in a cross shape, overlapping each other. Then I whisked together three eggs and a slosh of milk. Half this mixture got poured on top of the bread. The other half mixed together with about 75g of cheddar and some cubed ham. We've also added  slices of sausage and next time I plan to sneak in some veg, with sweetcorn! I divided the mixture between the cups and popped the tray in the fridge for about an hour to allow the egg to soak into the bread. 20 minutes would probably do though.  After brushing the tops of the bread with olive oil I cooked them on around 200C for 20 minutes.

They have been extremely well received so are bound to become a regular feature on our teatime menu.




No comments:

Post a Comment