Friday 2 July 2010

Summer Shoes

Normally a big part of my start of Summer ritual is to get out my Summer shoes and put the Winter ones away. This year however, certain things, like the arrival of Bambino, mean that they didn't come out until quite recently.


But I am always struck when I undertake this task how many more Summer shoes I have than Winter ones, probably because I like them so much more. There tend to be more in bright colours, I think they're often more comfortable and since I favour sandal type shoes it feels great to be free of tights and socks.


The only thing is that despite being more comfortable not many of them are comfortable enough to be suitable for walking miles with a pram which is what I am trying to do at the moment. Quite frequently as well I grab for the nearest pair as we hurry out the door.


I shall have to make a real effort to make sure that all my favourites get at least one outing even if it's only in the back garden for the evening BBQ!!


No comments:

Post a Comment